Friday, October 8, 2010

My visit to Punjab

4 days before I reached Ludhiana, Punjab. Very interestingly I am here working on an assignment pre-requisite of which is proper understanding of Ludhiana.

This is the place which I always wanted to visit. Basic reason is that I loved the image of Punjab which is being portrayed by bollywood. I mean those green fields, rich food, glass filled with lassi etc. etc. And of course, Punjabi beauties also add to the list.

The day I reached, I started loving this place. Their charming accent with frequently used phrases like 'Hanji', 'Henga' etc. Totally exhausted, I reached my hotel located very close to the bus stand.
As soon as I checked in, I ordered for Lunch rather late lunch at 4:00 pm. And soon after having my bath, I started having my lunch or late lunch. It was 'Veg Biryani' and it was incredibly awesome...sach mein swaad aa gaya. Same night, we went for dinner and picked a dhaba to taste the real punjab instead of any sophisticated restaurant lacking totally in 'Desipan'. We ordered some paranthas and curries. I observed that every thing was full of butter and the food itself looked so rich and I was so overjoyed that I told my two team members who were accompanying me for the dinner that I wish to own a house in Punjab so that I can enjoy such awesome food all the time.

Next day another thing which caught my attention was a 'Limo'. Yes, a Limousine. I was amazed at that moment. But within next two days , I understood that it was matter of surprise for me only and not for Punjabis as in these two days I discovered few more Limos running here and there. That day; to be precise, that evening, I discovered a very delicious stuff. It was so called ' Burger Noodles' and as the name suggests, a bun stuffed with spicy noodles, aloo tikki and sauce.


Next day, during my working session, I visited Hero Cycles Industries, Monte Carlo unit, the brands which we listen since the time we were born. Even though it was an official visit but I loved being to these places. Office of Monte Carlo was so eye-catching that interiors could easily be compared to that of a mall.

Finally, today I got an opportunity to visit country side of ludhiana. So serene, so green. Saw mud houses surrounded by green fields. Surprisingly I saw a mud-house with a dish-tv connection. Also there were some bunglows or kothis which reflected the wealth of the people in the region.
By the evening I found that there was a myth ..... Oh!!!! Sorry!! It is already 2:13 am. Going to sleep. Will continue tomorrow straight from this point. Gudnite

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice one.............bt ye dekhne ki cheez nahi hai........padhne ki cheez hai okkkkkkkk