Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Love....or Love-in-return

Guys, as you know most of my blogs are inspired by activities happening around me. Activities that affect me and make me really think.

So, this weekend, I was having a cup of tea at a roadside tea-joint just on the opposite side of the very famous IIM Ahmedabad. I was there with a friend.

He was talking about his love-life. Usually, I find such talks very boring. His talk started with same usual boring note then it followed a track which made me write this blog.

In his words, “Man, she is like crazy about me. She does everything to make me happy. ” and with a sense of arrogance, he added “And mind you, she was the first one to propose me. Well, in return I accepted her proposal. ”

Really ? Why so much emphasis on  "she was the first one to propose me". Why?

Though I am not an expert on relationships, but what I see these days, quite often, that when someone loves a person and most importantly when he/she expresses her feeling in front of that person, rater than it becoming a thing of joy, a matter of happiness and pride,  it becomes a matter of arrogance for that person. 

Why during the breakups, often, we hear one of the couple saying,”This is you who proposed me. It wasn’t me who proposed first. I did not come after you, you did.” With this statement, divinity of love just drops down to be not more than an accounting book of a grocery shop. Is love supposed to be treated like that or there was no love at all ?

Actually, saying “I love you” to someone always is a big deal. When a person says, I love you, it means, inter alia, as far as I understand, he/she feels a special bonding with the other person, he/she gives equal respect to the other person, wants to share moments of his/her life with the other person, . So, it certainly, becomes something which is beyond explanation. That’s why I am not trying to explain much in this part.

But the point is, what I understand that in most cases, we don’t love actually and what we do is basically “love-in return”.  If somebody opens his/her heart in front of us, we accept it as if we are doing some kind of favor (rather ehsaan) . We never miss a chance to flaunt infront of our friends that “Dude, it’s not me, actually he/she proposed me first.” And all  this beauty of love condenses to disgraceful self-ego. 

And I am sure that because of this attitude, many of us are deprived of real love when it comes our way. In many cases, people don’t want to express their feelings to someone considering that the other person may use it only as an ego-booster. As a result, that unlimited love and unbounded feelings are buried inside one’s heart, forever.

Ofcourse, we have the right to accept or politely refuse the proposal. But the problem is making it a thing of arrogance. If we accept it, then why should it be a thing of concern who proposed first and if we refuse the proposal, why should it become a thing to flaunt that he/she proposed me and guess what, I rejected.

Continues....

6 comments:

Komal Mehtaa said...

nice praveen

Anonymous said...

Nice one !!
U understood the love in true sense!!
Sad part is people actually don love, they do love in return!!

Anonymous said...

Praveen really nice stuff!!!! More you are writing finer and sharper its becoming!!! Wish I could ever synchronize the words in such beautiful manner!!!

Keep the ball rolling!!! waiting for the second part of this series.... TC

Aagnya said...

Nice Praveen. I m eagerly waiting for next part of this blog.

Aagnya said...

Nice Praveen. I m eagerly waiting for next part of this blog.

Aagnya said...

Nice Praveen. I m eagerly waiting for next part of this blog.